Thursday, January 8, 2015

One Thing Is Needful



In the end, what's going to matter? Are you going to lay on your death bed thinking "I wish I had worked more?" Sure it's cliche, but it's true.

We won't get to the end thinking I should have bought that sectional, my house wasn't big enough, if only I had purchased more shoes!! Why? Because in the end things don't matter.
We won't be lying there thinking. If only I spent more time on my iPhone, or checking Facebook, no, in the end, if we have regrets, they'll probably be for the time we didn't spend with the people we love, and what we didn't do for God.


What is God asking you to do?

What matter's in your life now? What's the first thing you go for in the morning, and the last thing you reach for at night? How do you spend the bulk of your day? Working a meaningless job to make enough money to buy meaningless things? 
Is it spent on the computer or being busy at tasks that should not be taking priority in your life? 
Who's waiting for you? Who is seeking your time? Who wants to make a memory or have a special moment with you? Are these things more important than those moments with your children or husband? Are they more important than those moments with God?

Luke 10:38-4(KJV)

38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.



Check the link ups tab to see where I might be sharing this post.

2 comments:

  1. Striving to be Mary with a Martha character every day... Praying all the time for that balance. Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete